Towards a more responsible electronic industry.
“Entrepreneurship means commitment.
Commitment takes time. Humbly, in our own way, we’re trying to change the game”. Pierre Guiu, co-founder and CEO
A TRUE DNA.
Since day one, Orosound has been committed to changing the electronic industry by placing sustainable development and technological innovation at the center of its vision.
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is an integral part of our DNA. Driven by our co-founders, orchestrated by our CSR manager, and supported by all our employees, our commitments drive our thinking and actions. We are committed to involving all our stakeholders in this voluntary and constantly evolving process: suppliers, shareholders, partners, and above all, our customers.
Our 4 pillars
“Our engineering culture means that we prefer proof to speech” Eric Benhaim, co-founder and CTO
PROMOTE FRENCH TECHNOLOGY WORLDWIDE
Our goal is to establish France as a world leader in the audio industry. Orosound is natively international, its expertise is valued by all trustworthy experts in Europe, Asia and America. Our innovations know no borders, and our know-how is a quality standard.
Our made-in-France headsets prove that it is possible to take a sustainable approach to value creation. We want to change the industry and we hope that our success and practices will inspire others.
- [Done] Relocate Tilde® headsets production to France
- [In progress] Build a local manufacturing network
- [In progress] Reintroduce embedded audio production expertise in Europe
- [In progress] Meet the responsible purchasing criteria of committed companies
EMBRACING INNOVATION AS A DRIVER FOR SUSTAINABILITY
Orosound handles all the engineering skills and industrial expertise required to manufacture high-range headsets. The perfect mastery of our production line represents a unique opportunity to innovate and integrate environmental issues right from the design stage.
In a world where planned obsolescence keeps on increasing, we chose to offer more durable product, to improve their repairability and recyclability, and to anticipate their end-of-life.
- [Effective] Conceive a modular design with replaceable parts
- [In progress] Propose warranty extensions up to 4 years
- [Planned] Carry out the headset life-cycle analysis (LCA)
- [Planned] Measure and increase the reparability index of products
PROMOTING A MORE INCLUSIVE AND SUPPORTIVE SOCIETY
Committing to a more inclusive and egalitarian society is essential to our teams. We firmly believe that diversity in all its forms is a source of enrichment and creativity.
By fostering inclusion and promoting parity, we aim to create an environment where each individual can flourish, make a unique contribution, and be recognized for their true worth. We believe that equal opportunity and fairness are key to driving innovation, strengthening our corporate culture, and building a fairer future for all.
- [Effective] Offer a scholarship for women engineers in electro-acoustics.
- [In progress] Commit to autistic people with noise hypersensitivity
RETURN TO MORE ENVIRONMENTALLY-FRIENDLY PRACTICES
As a tech company, we are aware of the significant impact the electronics industry has on the environment. The massive production of electronic devices generates significant consumption of natural resources. The transportation of goods and the inadequate management of electronic waste contribute to pollution.
This is why we are determined to go back to more environmental-friendly practices. Our ambition is twofold: to reduce our environmental footprint while serving as a model for the industry by paving the way toward new standards.
- [Effective] Measure our carbon footprint
- [Effective] Integrate the Fret 21 program
- [In progress] Reduce freight impact by 40% by 2025
- [In progress] Develop a range of reconditioned headsets
- [Planned] Deploy a “local to local” production strategy